The Property (Relationships) Act has far reaching implications for those in a marriage, civil union or de facto relationships. Dividing property when either beginning a relationship or after separation can be confusing and worrying, Simon Meikle can help.
Expert advice and representation by a skilled relationship property lawyer is essential to protect and realise your rights and expectations.
Simon Meikle is a skilled relationship property NZ lawyer who deals with complex relationship property settlements and family trust issues every day.
Simon Meikle’s relationship property agreement / settlement services include:
- Preparing contracting out agreements so that pre-relationship assets are protected and there is clear agreement on the ownership of income or assets that are acquired during the relationship
- Strategic advice regarding property interests prior to a relationship or separation
- Advice about full entitlements to property after a separation
- Advice about the Court’s approach to determining property interests
- Obtaining disclosure of property interests from a reluctant ex-spouse/ex-partner
- Obtaining appropriate valuation advice, particularly when values are disputed
- Experienced representation in court or mediation
- Division of trust assets through negotiation or, if necessary, litigation
- Handling post separation expenses and occupation of the family home
- Preparation of documentation required to complete a settlement
- Preparation of wills and trusts
- Advice about how to contest a will and will disputes
Feel free to contact Simon to discuss your situation by phone or by e-mail.